Experience the Summer Lifestyle of Tokyoites through Japanese Food, Music and Beer
27-30 June, Tanjong Pagar Centre L1 Urban Park
SINGAPORE- 8 June 2018, East Japan Railway Company (JR East) announces that its first Singapore venture, JAPAN RAIL CAFE, will hold a summer event titled “TOKYO SUMMER PARK” from 27th to 30th June, 12pm-10pm. The event will take place at the Urban Park, a sheltered event area outside the travelthemed café located on level 1 of Tanjong Pagar Centre.
Experience Summer like a Tokyoite
To provide a refreshing experience for Singaporeans apart from the usual festive “Matsuri” where traditional contents would typically take place, “TOKYO SUMMER PARK” focuses on the modern part of Japan which is best represented by the urban lifestyle of a Tokyoite. Bringing local Japan lovers closer to the daily lives of Tokyoites, “TOKYO SUMMER PARK” presents a series of programmes alongside tasty Japanese street food by various Japanese vendors and Kirin’s special Frozen Beer!
Programme Highlights: Beer Yoga & DJ Night Music
One of the event highlights to be featured at “TOKYO SUMMER PARK” is beer yoga, combining Japanese’s favourite drink and one of the top popular sports at the same time. Participants can pre-register online to join in a paid beer yoga session offered by local fitness studio Trim Fitness on either 27th June or 30th June.
From 8pm to 9.30pm daily, visitors can also enjoy a different list of themed music arranged by local Japanese DJ SHIN. On the final day 30th June, Japanese entertainment company Amuse Entertainment will also be putting up 2 special stage segments in conjunction with their upcoming event “Japan Park Singapore 2018” in August at Suntec City.
Menu Highlights: Frozen Beer & Japanese Street Food
Recreating the common sight of rooftop beer gardens that can be found in Tokyo during summer, “TOKYO SUMMER PARK” will serve beer and various street foods like mini burgers, fried skewers “Kushikatsu” and pan-fried dumplings “gyoza” that are known to be great pairings with beer for Japanese people! Beer to be served would not be the usual beer; Kirin will be serving frozen beer that has a cold frosty foam on top to keep the beer cold for a longer time especially at outdoor events. Visitors can look forward to chilling out at the space with food, music and beer every evening during the four-day event.
The list of vendors and sponsors is as follows (accurate as of release date but may subject to changes).
Participating Vendors (in Alphabetical Order)
Food & Beverages:
• Haritts Singapore (Donuts from Tokyo)
• Hattendo Singapore (Fried skewers “Kushikatsu”, lemon cider)
• JAPAN RAIL CAFE (mini burger, poutine fries, sparkling drinks)
• Kagome Singapore (seasonal Japanese fruit juices)
• Kirin Beer Singapore (Kirin Ichiban frozen beer with frozen whipped foam)
• Okada Coffee & Sweets (Japanese sandwiches, curry rice & assorted desserts)
• Ramen Keisuke / Keisuke Tokyo- SG (pan-fried dumplings “gyoza”, tendon special box & more)
• SAMURICE (fried chicken chunks “Karaage”, onigiri, dango)
Retail & Promotions:
• AMUSE Entertainment Singapore (stage programme on 30th June)
• Food Japan (sampling & sale of fermented rice drink “Amazake”)
• Inoue Olive Singapore (olive oil based cosmetics & food products)
• NTU Japanese Appreciation Club (sale of retail items)
• Taimatsu (sampling & sale of plum wine “Umeshu”)
• Canon Singapore (Photo booth)
• GOOD JOBS CREATION (Publicity booth)
• T’s TanTan by JR East Tokyo Branch FUN!TOKYO! Project (Sampling of vegan ramen)
The list of vendors and sponsors is accurate as of release date but may subject to changes.
Through various events promoting Japan and her culture, JAPAN RAIL CAFE aims to contribute to creating mutual, cultural inspirations between Singapore and Japan by establishing its role as a “platform for real Japan, platform for real communication”.