Organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, will be staged from 24 to 26 August (Friday to Sunday) in Hall 3 of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). This year, the Festival will be larger in scale and will feature three international e-sports tournaments, with over 110 players from all over the world, including United States, Russia, Korea, Mainland China and Hong Kong.
Participants will be in for a treat as DJ Soda (Korea) and Gin Lee (Malaysia) will be performing in-between the exciting e-sports tournaments at the Tournament Zone.
Hailing from Seoul, DJ Soda is a rising popular DJ in Asia, and has headlined some of Asia’s biggest music festivals including Ultra Korea and Wipeout Festival Bangkok. The 28 year old superstar DJ will be spinning two shows, on 24th and 25th August 2018.
Malaysian singer Gin Lee is a familiar face on several regional singing competitions and has since gained a steady following in the region. The Chart-topper will be performing on 26th August 2018.
ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival
Largest e-sports tournament in Hong Kong
- Three top international e-sports tournaments will be staged: the acclaimed “Return of the Legends 2018” and the two brand new tournaments – the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 201 8 Grand Finals” and the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational”.
- In the “Return of the Legends 2018”, former winners of world championships and other legendary players will form two teams, Team East and Team West, to compete for glory.
- Organised and sponsored by renowned Hong Kong based gaming hardware manufacturer ZOTAC, the “ZOTAC CUP MASTERS CS:GO 2018 Grand Finals” will offer a total prize pool of US$300,000 (over HK$2 million), setting a new record in Hong Kong’s e-sports tournament.
- Fourteen international and two Hong Kong teams will compete for the “Hong Kong PUBG World Invitational” championship, with total value of prize money reaching US$150,000 (over HK$1 million), which is the largest amount ever in Hong Kong’s PUBG tournaments.
- Over 110 Hong Kong and international players will participate in three e-sports tournaments, including several world renowned players.
- Multiple online platforms will live stream the e-sports tournaments in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
- Main Stage Performances by DJ Soda (Korea) & Gin Lee (Malaysia)
- Showcasing the latest e-sports-related products and featuring game displays, VR experience and mobile game trials
- Casual Tournaments, Mini Stage and a Cosplay Area will also be held at the Experience Zone.
Tickets for all e-sports tournaments in the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong will be available for sale at Hong Kong Ticketing from 16 July (Monday) onwards and are priced at HK$250 HK$120 and HK$50. The admission fee to the Experience Zone is HK$10. Tickets will be available at the HKCEC box office during the Festival.
Ticket holders of the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 will be entitled to free admission to the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong — Experience Zone on the same day; and ticket holders of the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong e-sports tournaments will be entitled to free admission to both the Experience Zone and the Hong Kong Computer & Communication Festival 2018 in Hall 1of the HKCEC on the same day.
For more details about the ICBC (Asia) e-Sports & Music Festival Hong Kong, please visit the website: www.emfhk.com.